Thursday, June 2, 2011

KIVA and SEND LOVE

I've just donated 25$ dollars. That 25$ will help to finance a family's motorcycle transport business in Cambodia. When they get all the money they need, and pay it back, I get my 25$ back. Then, I can do it again. 

With the same 25$ I can change so many lives all over the world. 


This is Sok and her family

I don't know why more people aren't doing this. I'm hoping it's the lack of information on it.

To learn more about Kiva, click here.

Another thing Sonia and I did today was write letters. We coloured and wrote letters to children in India who are part of the Dalit caste. They are treated as 'untouchables' and are considered less than human. These letters are letters of love and encouragement that can help to brighten their days and let them know that they are loved.



My dear friend Tara is heading up this SEND LOVE project and I really encourage everyone to get on board. All it takes is colouring with your kids for a little while and writing love notes on the pictures or sending a quick email. 

"Feel free to send me more than one letter! There are A LOT of kids that need encouragement :)" - Tara Teng

If you have any questions about SEND LOVE please click the link above or email Tara at: tarat@dalitfreedom.net

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Barb I love this!! This is so the mom I hope to be one day :). Keep rocking hot mama, you're doing great things :).

-Erica (footloose style!)

Christy said...

KIVA! We're going to start collecting donations at the girls' birthday parties instead of gifts and put it towards a KIVA account! So amazing!