Monday, May 21, 2012

single mother time is approaching.


In a few days Dave is heading up north for work.


Very bittersweet. 

He has been out of a job and on EI for a few months.. so this is really good.

Downside: He will be gone for three weeks at a time.

This would have been easier if he left right after getting laid off before because I was kind of used to doing things on my own. But now? Yikes. He has been home everyday for about three and a half or four months. I'm so used to having him around to help out that I'm not sure I can juggle things the way I used to!!

So, since he is leaving, I have had a lot of people asking me how they can help while he is gone.

I have figured out two things. 

1) Food. I can't cook. Sonia and I will probably starve. So my friend suggested a cooking party where we make a bunch of meals I can freeze. Awesome. This will be like teaching me to fish...rather than just handing me a can of tuna. I can watch these capable ladies/mothers/etc make stuff and learn from them about their tricks and tips. Can't wait. 

2) ORGANIZINGGGGG!!! My house is a disaster. Most things don't really have a home. we have a HUGE walk in closet that we use for storage, but no human can actually walk into it at the moment. Also, we have a ... crap pile a.k.a. freezer/shelf/other shelf buried under things. It stresses me out to just look at it. I found a blog that has inspired me to do something about it.. but it is such a BIG JOB!!!! I think I just need extra hands.

That all being said. Anyone who can cook and/or create things.... feel free to come over. If not.. feel free to come over for coffee or something! I'm going to need all the help I can get to stay SAAAANNNNNNEE!

I would like to turn this....

...into THIS!!!

(check out my inspiration here!)


No comments: