Tuesday, January 8, 2013

catch up


I find myself lying in bed at night writing my blog in my head.. but rarely put it on the internet.. 

Blog Fail.

But this time, I think I can blame Christmas for the lack of internetting. 

Before Christmas we had a Christmas Party at our house.. which was a sparkling success. We had like 30 people filtering through our tiny apartment.. mistletoe stories.. it was awesome.

Christmas was a gong show. Because of Sonia's obvious distaste for Santa, he didn't come to our house this Christmas. Instead the elves, reindeer and 'Christmas Elephants' (my kid is weird) came to bring gifts and stockings. 

There was a MOUNTAIN of gifts....for the kids. It was crazy. Thank you to everyone who spoiled my kids and us! 

New Years, Dave and I hung out and watched a TV show (the 4400...good one. YOu should check it out)

Then Dave went back to Ft Mac.

And now we are back to the craziness that is everyday life. 

Kalyn got her 1 year shots yesterday. Did you know they get FOUR shots PLUS the flu shot!? My poor baby! It was awful. PLUS I got a flu shot so I feel bad for myself too.. haha

Nothing really entertaining has happened.. but I have started keeping a quote journal so I won't forget the ridiculous things my kids do so I can tell you all. 

Looking forward.. I have a wedding dress appointment for my sister, Dave's THIRTY FOURTH BIRTHDAY...my cousins 25th... lots of fun things to tell you about coming up!

**** UPDATE****
I JUST REALIZED THIS WAS MY 100TH POST!!! WHAT A WASTE!!! SO, FOR EVERYONE WHO COMMENTS ON THIS POST, YOU WILL BE ENTERED INTO A DRAW FOR $5 STARBUCKS CARD... NOTHING TOO AWESOME, BUT I NEED TO COMMEMORATE THIS SOMEHOW!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog babe. It makes me feel like I'm not missing as much when I'm gone. Keep it up Babe, I love you!! Dave.

chan232 said...

I can't believe Dave is 34. That's like, basically 10 years older than you. I'd keep my eye on him in case he is a pedophile.

Christy said...

Ummm....can I just say that if I was in your shoes (with the whole husband working away for weeks at a time) I would be locked in the looney bin right now!
And congrats on your 100th post....keep 'em coming ;)

Flux said...

I did not know you had a blog. I will have to keep myself posted of what's happening the world of Barb!

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your 100th blog post! Congratulations! :) It is always entertaining to read the quirkiness that is your life :)

Amanda Swartz