Monday, June 20, 2011

Vancouver: Busy June Part I and II

Part I: Qwanoes Open House and Grandpa Gerry's 80th birthday

What a way to kick off the 'summer'!! The first weekend in June is always Camp Qwanoes' Open House day where you can go and experience camp for free! We took Sonia down and met up with some great friends! She got to play in a bouncy castle and I got to have Moose Tracks ice cream at ICI. MMmmm


After our afternoon there, we made our way up to Nanaimo for my grandpa`s eightieth birthday party. We got to see some family that we hadn`t seen in a while and Sonia got to play with my grandparent`s dog and chickens. Sonia LOVES chickens. She talked about them all the way home. 
`bok bok bok chik!`(while making chicken wings out of her arms...)

Part II: A Week in Vancouver with Nana and the `Nuks

After the weekend in Cowichan, Sonia and I headed East to visit Nana (my grandma) in Vancouver. We got to hang out, go for walks and to parks, shop and go to the aquarium...and of course, watch the Stanley Cup game(s).



On Wednesday, Sonia and I hopped into the car with (Auntie) Karly to go to the Vancouver Aquarium. Sonia had a BLAST looking at the fishies and the whales. This kid is a budding marine biologist.
We also got to watch the hockey games with Nana
(and of course, the following newscast...but I think enough has been said about THAT!)


Needless to say, it was a great little getaway from the stress of normal life and a great chance to hang out with Nana and to see Karly, Wade and Auntie Carrie
(and Auntie Bear... by fluke)



No comments: