Monday, April 29, 2013

I'm Back Baby!

So... this took longer than I thought. 

I figured I would have gotten back to this earlier... but the day before I moved to Alberta I spent a whole day at hospitals getting x-rays and all that, because I broke my thumb while doing the worm (facepalm).

Turns out that I broke the piece of bone that is connected to the ligament right off. And broke a bunch of cartilage.

So, because of all that, I needed surgery as soon as I got to Alberta. I had two pins put in... but not all the way in.. they stuck out of my skin. It was disgusting. (I have pictures if anyone wants to see them...but I was not going to post them since they are not for the faint of heart...).

A few weeks later I had to go back to Lethbridge to have them removed. The crazy part is that the doctor just yanked them out with pliers. I demanded the freezing needle...he wasn't going to give it to me. 

After all that, I now have to go to rehab for my hand about twice a week...for a few more months. Ugh.

BESIDES all that... move went well. We are settled into our house in the northeast of Calgary. The house has a great layout but a lot of wallpaper. So a lot of that is coming down and there is a lot of painting to do... but that's ok! Something to do!

Now to get 100% unpacked and ready for life and our upcoming 5th anniversary party! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love the pictures you have of the fam. Kiki's is my favourite.

~ Amanda S